Module 8: Working As A Freelance Editor
This module aims to give you a strong foundation for what you need to know when beginning your freelance career, from advertising your services to communicating with clients. We’ll finish with an overview of some other writing-related avenues you might like to explore to expand your offerings as a freelancer.
What You'll Learn
- Building a solid foundation for starting a freelance career in the field of writing and editing.
- Effective strategies for advertising your services and promoting yourself as a freelancer.
- How to communicate with clients professionally and efficiently to establish strong working relationships.
- Essential tips and best practices for managing freelance projects, deadlines, and client expectations.
- An overview of various writing-related avenues beyond traditional editing, which you can explore to expand your offerings and attract more clients.
It's Useful For
- Aspiring freelance writers and editors who want to kickstart their career with a strong understanding of the fundamentals.
- Freelancers looking to improve their marketing and client communication skills to attract more clients and projects.
- Professionals in related fields considering a transition to freelance writing or editing, as they can learn about the necessary groundwork for a successful transition.
- Current freelancers who wish to diversify their services and explore new opportunities within the writing and editing domain.
- Individuals interested in the freelance lifestyle and seeking to understand the key elements involved in launching and managing a successful freelance writing or editing career.
Becoming An Editor
- Guaranteed work for graduates of Becoming An Editor and Becoming A Proofreader
- Build your skills and confidence
- One-on-one coaching from friendly, expert tutors
- Specialise in work you enjoy
- Gain the ability to charge higher rates
- Take your freelance career to the next level
What Our Students Are Saying
See All Modules
Module 1: An Introduction To Becoming An Editor
Module 2: Overview Of The Editing Industry
Module 3: Essential Editing SkillsIn this module, we'll take a look at an overview of the various stages of an editing project, from your first interaction with the client to handing off the finished document. From there, we'll delve further into the editing process, including how to work with briefs and style guides and the kinds of improvements good editing involves.
Module 4: Tone Of Voice
Module 5: The Ethics Of Editing
Module 6: Special Considerations
Module 7: Advanced Editing Techniques
Module 8: Working As A Freelance EditorThis module aims to give you a strong foundation for what you need to know when beginning your freelance career, from advertising your services to communicating with clients. We’ll finish with an overview of some other writing-related avenues you might like to explore to expand your offerings as a freelancer.
Module 9: The Final Assignment