Module 2: Fact-Checking Basics
Module 2 explores the fundamentals of fact-checking. Firstly, we’ll cover why fact-checking is such a valuable editorial process, as well as how it sits alongside other forms of editing. Then we’ll focus on verification, explaining how it differs from fact-checking. Lastly, we’ll explore the fact-checking landscape, covering how fact-checking is used in several industries.
What will you learn?
- How to define fact-checking and how it works alongside other editing techniques
- Why fact-checking and verification are such important tools
- How fact-checking and verification enhance the quality and credibility of content
- The types of content that should be fact-checked
- What kinds of information fact-checkers work with
- How fact-checking is implemented across a many industries
It is useful for:
- Those looking for a sound overview of what fact-checking is and what it involves
- Content creators hoping to understand how fact-checking can improve their content
- Those who want to know what verification is and why it matters
- Individuals interested in a fact-checking career
- Those interested in how different industries approach fact-checking
How To Fact-Check
- Improve your content quality and brand credibility.
- Spot the telltale signs of manipulated content.
- Confidently navigate data sets and statistics.
- Earn up to $68K a year as a qualified fact-checker.
- Draw conclusions and communicate them to clients with ease.
- Gain practical tips on finding a fact-checking role.
- Strengthen your resume for roles that require fact-checking skills.
Industry Leading Learning
See All Modules
Module 1: Introducing Becoming A Freelance Writer
Module 2: Freelance Content WritingDiscover why content writing and copywriting are two separate entities, as well as where the lines between them start to blur. Understand which are the most frequently requested content types. We look at the fundamentals of freelancing, too – from the typical stages of a content project to the skills you need to thrive in the industry.
Module 3: Preparing For A Content Writing ProjectGet to grips with an essential for any writing project: the content brief. Learn how to understand, clarify, and adhere to the rules and conventions detailed in this document. You’ll then level up your research skills and discover why understanding your audience is key for conveying the right message.
Module 4: Writing Professional Blog Posts And Articles
Module 5: Search Engine Optimization
Module 6: Case Study – Writing An Article
Module 7: Building Your Business
Module 8: The Final AssignmentTake all that new knowledge and use it to craft a compelling blog post. We’ll provide detailed written feedback on your work and invite you to a one-on-one feedback call with the tutor that graded your assignment. And, if you achieve a distinction grade, you’ll be invited to work as a freelance writer with Knowadays.