Module 3: Using Styles
Styles are pre-set combinations of formatting characteristics that allow you to quickly change how text appears in the document. They are an essential tool for efficiency in the formatting workflow process and for ensuring consistency throughout an entire document.
What will you learn?
- Creating and modifying styles: modifying existing styles and defining custom styles
- Applying styles for headings, titles, subtitles, and more: using styles for consistent formatting and automatic updates
It is useful for:
- Quickly applying consistent formatting to different sections of a document
- Ensuring a professional and cohesive appearance throughout the document
- Streamlining the formatting workflow and increasing efficiency
- Easily making global changes to the formatting of an entire document
Formatting In Microsoft Word
- Learn to format documents professionally
- Become fully proficient with Microsoft Word
- Enhance the readability and design of documents
- Develop your skill set and further your career
- Increase your range of services as a freelancer
- Windows only – Mac coming soon
What our students are saying
See All Modules
Module 1: Introduction To Formatting In MS Word
Module 2: Basic Text Formatting
Module 3: Using Styles
Module 4: Page And Section BreaksWe cover the use of page and section break tools, a key aspect of document layout. The proper application of page and section breaks ensures that text appears where you want it. Breaks also impact the application of numbering for both pages and headings. We include a lesson on columns here as well because section breaks are key to the smooth flow of text in columns.
Module 5: Headers, Footers, And Page Numbering
Module 6: Creating Lists And Working With Tables
Module 7: Working With Graphic Tools And LabelsThis module shows you how to insert images into documents and make them play nicely with each other and the text. We’ll also go through the process of adding captions and labels to images, figures and tables, including section or chapter numbers. These skills can help you create visually appealing and professional documents.
Module 8: Creating A Table Of Contents And A List Of Tables And/Or Figures
Module 9: Working With Themes And Macros
Module 10: Referencing
Module 11: Final Formatting Project