Module 7: The Final Assignment
It’s time to put your editing skills to the test! Select your final assignment type: academic, business or creative. When you’re finished, your assignment will be assessed, and you’ll be invited to book a face-to-face feedback call with our friendly expert tutor.
What will you learn?
- How to edit a document to your clients brief
- Your specialty as an editor
- Your strengths and weaknesses as an editor
- How to continue your development as an editor
- Personalised revision areas from our expert tutor team
It is useful for:
- People seeking editorial feedback from our expert tutor team
- Those who wish to put their skills to the test as an editor
- Those seeking to develop their methodologies for self improvement as an editor
Becoming An Editor
- Build your skills and confidence
- One-on-one coaching from friendly, expert tutors
- Specialise in work you enjoy
- Gain the ability to charge higher rates
- Take your freelance career to the next level
What Our Students Are Saying
See All Modules
Module 1: An Introduction To Becoming An EditorKnow what to expect from our Becoming An Editor course and get situated before delving into the details of what it means to be an editor.
Module 2: Understanding EditingWe’ll cover different editing styles, what this entails, and various client types. Find out what goes into planning and executing an editing project – from negotiating a client brief to providing feedback.
Module 3: Line And Comprehensive EditingDiscover the difference between line editing, copy editing and proofreading. Learn about developmental and comprehensive editing. Sharpen your skills with lessons on structure, content and style.
Module 4: Editing Academic WritingKnow what to expect from academic publishers and authors, and determine the differences in tone between sciences and the humanities. Recognise structure, how to clarify arguments and enhance a scholarly tone.
Module 5: Editing Creative WritingHere, we’ll focus on fiction and non-fiction. Anticipate what to expect when working with publishers and authors. Learn how a manuscript is structured and understand the basics of narrative theory, such as plotting a story or character development. And explore how the creative genre can affect various writing techniques – from romantic tales to self-help guides.
Module 6: Editing Business WritingUncover everything you need to know to work on marketing materials and other commercial copy. Study the conventions of formal and technical business writing. And learn how business copy can use persuasive writing techniques.
Module 7: The Final AssignmentIt’s time to put your editing skills to the test! Select your final assignment type: academic, business or creative. When you’re finished, your assignment will be assessed, and you’ll be invited to book a face-to-face feedback call with our friendly expert tutor.