Module 10: Referencing
Citations, references, and bibliographies can be daunting tasks. This module breaks them down into manageable pieces. You’ll learn how to insert and format citations and references for popular referencing styles, as well as how to add endnotes, footnotes, cross-references, and indexes.
What will you learn?
- Dynamic citations and reference lists: adding and editing source information, adding multiple sources to a citation, and generating and updating a dynamic list of references
- Endnotes and footnotes: creating and editing footnotes and endnotes
Cross-referencing and indexing: creating an index, marking the entries, and updating an index
It is useful for:
- Automating the creation of citations and references for academic or professional documents
- Producing accurate, updatable reference lists
- Ensuring consistency and compliance with referencing style guides
- Simplifying the process of adding endnotes, footnotes, cross-references, and indexes
Formatting In Microsoft Word
- Learn to format documents professionally
- Become fully proficient with Microsoft Word
- Enhance the readability and design of documents
- Develop your skill set and further your career
- Increase your range of services as a freelancer
- Windows only – Mac coming soon
What our students are saying
See All Modules
Module 1: Introduction To Formatting In MS Word
Module 2: Basic Text Formatting
Module 3: Using Styles
Module 4: Page And Section BreaksWe cover the use of page and section break tools, a key aspect of document layout. The proper application of page and section breaks ensures that text appears where you want it. Breaks also impact the application of numbering for both pages and headings. We include a lesson on columns here as well because section breaks are key to the smooth flow of text in columns.
Module 5: Headers, Footers, And Page Numbering
Module 6: Creating Lists And Working With Tables
Module 7: Working With Graphic Tools And LabelsThis module shows you how to insert images into documents and make them play nicely with each other and the text. We’ll also go through the process of adding captions and labels to images, figures and tables, including section or chapter numbers. These skills can help you create visually appealing and professional documents.
Module 8: Creating A Table Of Contents And A List Of Tables And/Or Figures
Module 9: Working With Themes And Macros
Module 10: Referencing
Module 11: Final Formatting Project