Module 3: Preparing For A Content Writing Project
Get to grips with an essential for any writing project: the content brief. Learn how to understand, clarify, and adhere to the rules and conventions detailed in this document. You’ll then level up your research skills and discover why understanding your audience is key for conveying the right message.
What You'll Learn:
- What a writing brief is and why it’s so important
- The type of details a good brief should contain
- What a style guide is and why it’s so important
- How to stay organized at the start of a freelance project
- Why – and how – to draw up a content outline before writing
- Tips for conducting in-depth research that will set your article apart
- How to avoid unintentionally plagiarizing other people’s work
It's Useful For:
- Learning how to troubleshoot any issues with a project brief
- Gaining knowledge of style guides
- Helping you cut down on the time you spend writing
- Building on your current research skills
- Helping you tailor your writing to specific audiences
- Making sure your work is free from plagiarism
Becoming A Freelance Writer
- Publishing opportunities for graduates
- Turn your love of writing into a fulfilling, lucrative career
- Produced by industry-leading writers
- One-on-one support from friendly, expert tutors
Industry Leading Learning
See All Modules
Module 1: Introducing Becoming A Freelance Writer
Module 2: Freelance Content WritingDiscover why content writing and copywriting are two separate entities, as well as where the lines between them start to blur. Understand which are the most frequently requested content types. We look at the fundamentals of freelancing, too – from the typical stages of a content project to the skills you need to thrive in the industry.
Module 3: Preparing For A Content Writing ProjectGet to grips with an essential for any writing project: the content brief. Learn how to understand, clarify, and adhere to the rules and conventions detailed in this document. You’ll then level up your research skills and discover why understanding your audience is key for conveying the right message.
Module 4: Writing Professional Blog Posts And Articles
Module 5: Search Engine Optimization
Module 6: Case Study – Writing An Article
Module 7: Building Your Business
Module 8: The Final AssignmentTake all that new knowledge and use it to craft a compelling blog post. We’ll provide detailed written feedback on your work and invite you to a one-on-one feedback call with the tutor that graded your assignment. And, if you achieve a distinction grade, you’ll be invited to work as a freelance writer with Knowadays.