Module 5: Verification
Module 5 explores how images, video, and audio content can be manipulated and the possible danger this causes. We discuss deepfakes, misinformation, and fake news. The second half of the module then provides a detailed explanation of how to verify the veracity of different types of content, how to identify features that might suggest it’s fraudulent, and what tools you can use during the verification process.
What will you learn?
- The dangers of image, video, and audio manipulation, including deepfakes
- Techniques for recognizing image, video, and audio manipulation
- Different tools can you use to verify content
- Questions to help you assess whether an image or video is what it claims to be
It is useful for:
- Content creators that use information online and social media content
- Researchers, journalists, and writers who want to be better equipped to assess the veracity of content
- Those interested in how to identify image, video, or audio manipulation
- Anyone interested in improving how they navigate content online
- Anyone interested in improving their media literacy
How To Fact-Check
- Improve your content quality and brand credibility.
- Spot the telltale signs of manipulated content.
- Confidently navigate data sets and statistics.
- Earn up to $68K a year as a qualified fact-checker.
- Draw conclusions and communicate them to clients with ease.
- Gain practical tips on finding a fact-checking role.
- Strengthen your resume for roles that require fact-checking skills.
Industry Leading Learning
See All Modules
Module 1: Introducing Becoming A Freelance Writer
Module 2: Freelance Content WritingDiscover why content writing and copywriting are two separate entities, as well as where the lines between them start to blur. Understand which are the most frequently requested content types. We look at the fundamentals of freelancing, too – from the typical stages of a content project to the skills you need to thrive in the industry.
Module 3: Preparing For A Content Writing ProjectGet to grips with an essential for any writing project: the content brief. Learn how to understand, clarify, and adhere to the rules and conventions detailed in this document. You’ll then level up your research skills and discover why understanding your audience is key for conveying the right message.
Module 4: Writing Professional Blog Posts And Articles
Module 5: Search Engine Optimization
Module 6: Case Study – Writing An Article
Module 7: Building Your Business
Module 8: The Final AssignmentTake all that new knowledge and use it to craft a compelling blog post. We’ll provide detailed written feedback on your work and invite you to a one-on-one feedback call with the tutor that graded your assignment. And, if you achieve a distinction grade, you’ll be invited to work as a freelance writer with Knowadays.